our past

History

Page Header

Originally built in 1876 as a Mansion House by Charles Fraser-MacKintosh the local MP, Lochardil is set in its own grounds and recalls days of Victorian splendour. It was bought in the early 1900’s by the MacDonald family who were Timber Merchants and remained their family home until 1956 when it was sold and became at that time a ‘small hotel’.

It had a series of owners until 1985 when it was ‘returned’ to ‘MacDonald ‘ ownership following its purchase by Eileen Fraser who was formerly a MacDonald.

Lochardil House has been privately owned and personally supervised by the Hosts – Eileen Fraser and Graeme MacBean -since 1985 and they have over the years upgraded the building – extending it by adding a purpose built Banqueting Suite, New Kitchens, Victorian Conservatory Restaurant and most recently a new Garden Wing of luxury Bedrooms.

The fabric of the whole building is kept to a very high standard and they along with their experienced management team and staff assure you of a warm welcome and the best of attention.